Mechanism of Ozone therapy
How Does Ozone Work?
Inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa:
- Ozone disrupts the integrity of the bacterial cell.
- In fungi, ozone inhibits cell growth at certain stages.
- With viruses, the ozone damages the viral capsid and disrupts the reproductive cycle.
- Enhancement of circulation:Ozone reduces or eliminates clumping and red cell flexibility is restored, along with oxygen carrying ability.
- Activation of the immune system: Interleukin tumor necrosis factor (TNF) is released in the greatest quantities between 30 and 55 ug/cc. The production of interleukin-2 launches an entire cascade of subsequent immunological reactions.